Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Amazing ABC

Upon watching TV today, I realized the mass amounts of different information that existed on it. My roommates and I flipped around first stopping on a bicycle race. Watching the pack turn around the corner of the European landscape from afar truly was mesmerizing. They were going downhill on a curvy road, and must’ve been traveling forty miles an hour. Then, a guy lost control and ended up plowing into a lamppost and wall. It was pretty shocking, and came out of nowhere in an otherwise serine bike race. Next we fell upon the great cinematic classic of The Fast and the Furious. Paul Walker’s amazing acting blows me away every time. And how could anyone be more hardcore than Vin Diesel? It really is mechanical magic on screen. We then changed the station to the usual favorite of ABC Family. This station, as embarrassing as it may seem, has brought me many hours of wholesome yet hilarious entertainment. I’d have to say my favorite is Boy Meets World. I love Cory and Sean’s wacky school antics. Also, Mr. Feeny is a classic TV mentor who holds the prestige of being the voice of KITT, David Hasselhoff’s car in Knight Rider, which is pretty sweet if you ask me. Step By Step is another great ABC Family show. I think the best part of the show is that it takes place in Port Washington, Wisconsin. I also really like the amusement park with the digitally added water in the show’s intro. Then, there’s the show that happened to be on ABC Family when we switched to it today. Yes, that’s right, the modern marvel that is Gilmore Girls. Whenever I tell someone that I watch it from time to time, I start to question my sanity and wonder why I do watch it. Then I see an episode, and the constant stream of witty banter reminds me. The characters are pretty funny, and the zingers keep on coming one after another. The mom and daughter take the wit in their relationship to the max, and they aren’t bad to look at either. Yes, there truly is a vast amount of options on TV today. It’s obvious though that anything on ABC Family takes the cake.

5 comments:

Sam said...

I think you may be on to something with the ABC Family. Now is that the station that has Full House and Family Matters too? It might be a different one, but those are some truly important TV shows if you ask me. There's something about the "old shows" from the 90's that are so nice to watch without all the reality and high tech stuff on today.

Randi said...

It's nice to find someone else who devotes an obscene amount of time to fine television programming.

Kate said...

I think it is funny how in the intro of step by step they have huge mountains in the background and as you mentioned the water which for some reason looks like an ocean. It looks more like california! I must admit full house is pretty much my favorite show. I watch it at least everyother day. good times!

Jon said...

Haha my first inclination was to laugh at this post because I feel the same warm sentiments towards ABC Family. Any channel that involves Boy Meets World has excellent program selectors.

Anonymous said...

When ever I hear ABC, all I can think of is the news. But I really wouldn't know because I haven't had cable for 3 years. I don't really watch tv. But when I did the WB was the best station in my book. That's the channel the Gilmore Girls used to be on. I used to sceduale around that show.